Most of us would definitely exercise if we only had the (extra) time, but since we don’t. Well, according to experts your “valid” excuse is in reality a “poor” one.
Despite what you’ve been conditioned to believe, like the need to join a group, gym, etc and devote a designated amount of time per day to your workout routine, experts assert it’s actually a lot easier than that. In fact, they note that a few minutes, a few times a day (of physical activity) adds up. And, you don’t have to engage in anything “strenuous” or “fancy” as long as:
· You feel your heart pumping and beating faster (without racing).
· You are breathing faster and “heavier” than usual, but you are still able to carry on a conversation even while exercising.
· You are definitely getting heated and working up a sweat, but not dripping with perspiration.
Plus it can be as easy as conducting daily routines and activities including:
· Walking to work or to the bus or train station. And, if you drive, it may be as simple as parking on a higher level (in a parking garage) or simply parking further away.
· Skip the elevator or escalator and use the stairs.
· Walk around the office a few times a day. Also think about walking around the block or up and down the parking area during lunch.
· Do your house cleaning to the tune of your favorite tunes and really move and groove.
· Exercise back and stomach muscles right at your desk by tensing and releasing them.
· When shopping (in a grocery or in a mall), pick up the pace and strut your stuff a little faster.
Experts also suggest keeping track of the exercise you manage to fit into your day as a constant reminder of just how well you did (and how little effort it really required).
And, they also suggest giving up a sitcom a night for some additional exercise, maybe even a walk, swim or bike ride after dinner. Or consider a getaway that offers plenty of activity such as skiing, surfing, etc. Not only will you have fun (in the sun) but can build your muscles, stamina and skills too.
Thank you for spending a little of your valuable time with us.
For more information or a free consultation in the Los Angeles or Orange County area (or beyond), please contact us, Earth Village Pharmacy, because Earth Village Rx is here to help you with any of your pharmaceutical, vitamin supplement, skincare needs and more!
Call now for a free consultation! 714-228-9212